The EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival is in full swing at Walt Disney World Resort and several of our PPV Agents have had the opportunity to attend, sip and taste all that it has to offer! The Food & Wine Festival kicked off on July 15th and runs through November 20th.
The EPCOT Food & Wine Festival will include a total of 32 global marketplaces, most of which are available now with a select few opening on October 1, 2021. With so much to try, PPV agents are here to help by providing our PPV Picks for best overall marketplaces, best entrees, best desserts and best beverages!
PPV Picks: Best Marketplaces
- The Tangerine Café: Flavors of the Medina: We loved everything about this marketplace! Entrees offered so many excellent choices: stone-baked Moroccan Bread with Hummus, Zaalouk, and Zhoug dips (pictured below), Fried Falafel Pita and Grilled Chicken, Lamb and Beef Kebabs. And for dessert, the colorful and delectable Pistachio Cake!
- Canada: Across the board, the Canada offerings are phenomenal. The two entrees offered are the signature Canadian Cheddar and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll and the “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon. You can wash that down with a glass of Chateau des Charmes Carleton-Merlot Old Vine blend or a pint of Collective Arts Audio/Visual Lager.
- Germany: Returning fan favorite entrée the Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese can be paired with a classic German Selbach-Oster Riesling Wine and finished off with Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce. Heaven!
PPV Picks: Best Entrées
- Griddle Cheese with Pistachios and Honey – Greece. It’s hard to beat the combination of salty griddled cheese paired with the sweetness of honey and pistachios in this must-try offering from Greece!
- Shrimp and Coconut Curry Rice Noodles with Shiitake Mushrooms and Thai Basil – The Noodle Exchange. As its name implies, this new booth at the festival had an array of noodle dishes and this shrimp and coconut curry option was the standout.
- Roasted Lamb Chop – Australia. Served with sweet potato purée, bush berry pea salad and pistachio-pomegranate gremolata, the lamb is tender and flavorful.
- Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise – Hawaii. Another returning favorite, the pairing of the pork slider with pineapple chutney and mayonnaise makes a fantastic snack on the go.
- Croissant aux Escargots – France. The classic French croissant featuring escargots, garlic and parsley is an explosion of flavor.
- Mezzanine Croccanti – Italy. Crispy half-moon breaded mozzarella-filled ravioli with pomodoro sauce melts in your mouth.
- Impossible Three Bean Chili – Earth Eats. This new entrée to the festival includes a traditional bean chili with impossible meat, corn chips and a layer of crème fraiche. Bonus: it’s both vegetarian and gluten free!
PPV Picks: Best Desserts
- Pistachio Cake – Morocco. As pictured below, the gorgeous colors on this cake are matched by the flavors, it is both sweet and savory and perfectly moist.
- Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard – Ireland. Chocolate lovers, this one is for you – decadent chocolate pudding hidden inside a moist chocolate cake topped off with Irish cream? Yes, please!
- Candy Jar Donut – The Donut Box. Ok, so its technically an entrée but the abundance of sweetness (glazed donut topped with a variety of candies including M&Ms and Twix) made us want this one as an after-dinner treat.
- Freshly Baked Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing – Hops and Barley. A great balance of sweet and ginger/nutmeg spice topped with a cream cheese icing that melts around the cake ensuring you get a taste with every bite!
PPV Picks: Best Beverages
- Rosé Pétillant Méthode Traditionnelle Champenoise – France. This light and bubbly Rosé is the perfect aperitif on a hot day!
- Mimosa Flight -Shimmering Sips. Can’t decide which mimosa flavor you are craving? Try them all – tropical (passion fruit, orange and guava), key lime and blood orange! (pictured below)
- Guinness Baileys Shake – Ireland. What’s not to like about a chocolate-based milkshake featuring Baileys and Guinness?
- Beer Flight – Hops and Barley. An excellent sampling of US-based breweries: the 81Bay Brewing Co.’s Strawberry and Lime beer, Lord Hobo Brewing’s Boom Sauce DIPA and SweetWater Brewing Company’s Hazy IPA.
- Auluani Sunrise – Hawaii. You can almost feel the tropical breeze as you sip on the concoction of vodka with pineapple juice, grenadine and sweet and sour mix.
- Wine Flight – Featuring the Cape Mentelle Sauvignon Blanc Semillon blend, the Robert Oakley Chardonnay and the Chateau Tanuda Grand Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon, this flight gives you a chance to sample three excellent down-under offerings!
The EPCOT Food & Wine Festival continues until November 20th. If you are interested in attending the 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, reach out to your PPV agent today! Not ready this year? Get your plans set for next year!!