Masters and Masterpieces of the Italian Baroque: Caravaggio and Bernini
Rome, Florence, Naples, Malta and Sicily
Calling all art lovers! Here is your chance to immerse yourself in the glittering world of the Italian Baroque. This amazing cultural adventure focuses on the Italian masters Caravaggio and Bernini. It affords you the opportunity to see their most famous masterpieces in the very settings in which the artists intended for them to be experienced. This itinerary is a delightful art filled journey through Italy, Sicily and Malta. You will enjoy many of Italy’s greatest artistic treasures including works by Michelangelo, Leonardo and Raphael. You will have time to explore both internationally renowned galleries and intimate local museums. Historic cities teaming with life; Europe’s greatest paintings and sculptures; delicious Italian cuisine: what could be better! La Dolce Vita awaits you!
- Caravaggio’s finest paintings viewed in the same galleries and churches where he saw them hung
- The wonders of Bernini‘s Rome: the famous statues, fountains, and churches that make Rome a Baroque visual feast
- The grandeur of St. Peter’s Basilica and Vatican City
- Italy’s greatest art museums, including the Uffizi Gallery, the Pitti Palace, the Borghesi gallery, the Vatican Museum, the Capitoline Museum, Naples’ Capodimonte Museum and Sicily’s Messina Museum
- The incredibly scenic Mediterranean island fortress of Malta known for its striking seaside landscapes and Valletta, its architecturally rich capital city.
- Naples’ ornate baroque churches and vibrant street life
- Syracuse, Sicily‘s showcase of ancient historic sites and charming baroque architecture