I remember as a kid thinking, “how cool would it be to go on any ride I wanted at Walt Disney World without having to wait?! “ It took about 30 years but last January, I got to experience just this with the agency during a private VIP tour! If you have not heard of a Walt Disney World VIP tour before, let me tell you, it is as good as it sounds and is the ultimate vacation splurge!
What can you expect on a VIP tour?
A VIP tour truly makes you feel like Disney royalty. You will choose your pick-up location (within the property) and start time. Your personal guide for the day will drive you in your own personal van to your park of choice-often arriving and entering behind the scenes!!! So cool!!
Your guide will take you to your must-do attractions in an order that will maximize your tour time. At each attraction, your travel party will be brought to the fast pass line entrance. If a fast pass entrance is not available, your VIP tour guide will bring you to the cast member who will usher you in toward the front of the line.
Guides are knowledgeable and super fun cast members! They will interact and entertain the kids during your tour offering up fun Disney facts. At the end of your day, you may choose to remain in a park or have your guide drop you back off at your resort. It is truly amazing!
So much so, several of our agents have taken their own families back on a tour.
If you are looking to celebrate something special or maximize your time at the parks, these tours are totally worth it!!! How can you make a VIP tour work on your vacation budget?
- Consider splitting with family and friends who may be traveling with you. VIP tours accommodate 10 guests per guide.
- Consider saving on resort costs by staying at one of Disney’s awesome value properties
- Consider a shorter stay. By adding a VIP tour, you can get through many must-dos in 1-day, leaving your other park days to be more relaxed and saving a day or 2 for pool time.
- Consider booking during a less popular time of year. Pricing varies with VIP tours and more popular times of year will have higher pricing.
Tips to know:
- VIP tours book 60 days in advance and they typically do book up. Make sure to let us know if you are interested.
- VIP tours are up to 10 guests per tour guide. Therefore, if you had a party of 11, you would look to book 2 guides for your day.
- VIP tours are a minimum of 7 hours and maximum of 10 hours
- A park ticket is needed and a park hopper ticket is needed to go to more than one park per day
- You must still try for a Rise of the Resistance boarding group in order to ride this during your VIP experience (subject to change)
- Pricing is per hour and based on date and season
- There is no photography allowed behind the scenes. As tempting as it is, it is a big rule with the VIP experience. So take those mental pictures!
If you are interested in learning more about Disney VIP tours, let your agent know! To start planning your Disney vacation, click here!