Make your theme park visit easier and more fun by harnessing the power of our new digital services built right into the My Disney Experience app.
You’ve Never Had a Friend Like This! Ever wish you had a Disney friend along with you in the parks? A digital friend who could show you the best ways to enjoy popular attractions? Or see beloved Characters? Or even find fan-favorite foods? Well, here’s a way that wish can come true!
Introducing Disney Genie service and Disney Genie+ service, conveniently built into the My Disney Experience app. It’s like having a genie in the palm of your hand.
Whether you’re a first-timer or a seasoned pro, tap into them both to enjoy a whole new host of features that help you get the most out of your visit to Walt Disney World Resort.
You Have the Fun While Disney Genie Service Does the Work
The complimentary Disney Genie service creates your best Disney day inspired by your party’s top interests. Upon launching the Disney Genie service in the app, you’ll have the opportunity to share what you’d like to do in a few easy steps. You can plan specific attractions, foodie experiences and entertainment, and special interests like Disney princesses, villains, Pixar, Star Wars, thrill rides, and more.
Disney Genie service will then grant you a personalized itinerary that seamlessly and smartly maps out your special day—with updates that continue from morning to night. And, Disney Genie can even remind you when you’re eligible to book dining reservations and activities within our Enchanting Extras Collection.
IMPORTANT — Be sure to download the latest version of the My Disney Experience app, so you can take advantage of all of these complementary features:
- Tailored Recommendations – You’ll receive attraction and dining recommendations inspired in part by what you told Disney Genie service you’re most interested in doing. It even displays a good time to go to an experience and an idea of the forecasted wait. Need to swap a recommendation out? No problem. Like many popular navigation apps, Disney Genie will continue to offer new suggestions throughout the day, so you can make the most of your time during your visit.
- A Personalized Daily Itinerary – Your “My Day” tab is where you’ll find Disney Genie recommendations and any plans you’ve made, including dining reservations, Disney Resort hotel reservations and activity bookings. You’ll also be able to virtually chat with a Cast Member who can help answer any questions that arise.
- A Custom Tip Board – This new feature will let you see estimated wait times for your top attractions, entertainment and dining. You’ll also be able to order food, make dining reservations, check into a restaurant, request to join an available virtual queue (currently at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure), and even book arrival times for our new Lightning Lane entrance at select experiences if you’ve purchased Disney Genie+ service.
Take Your Day to the Next Level with Disney Genie+
In addition to getting all of the great features that come with upgrading to the complimentary version of Disney Genie service, purchasing Disney Genie+ service will offer even more convenience and flexibility, for $15 per ticket per day. It’s the very best way to get the absolute most out of your visit—so you can spend more time enjoying the magic with family and friends.
- Enjoy the Magic You Want with Less Wait – Save time waiting in line by purchasing Disney Genie+ service! This new service at more than 40 attractions and experiences throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks lets you select the next available arrival window for the new Lightning Lane entrances.
- You can make one selection at a time throughout the day—from classics like Haunted Mansion and thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (experiences subject to limited availability).
- With Disney Genie+, you can select Lightning Lane arrival windows across multiple theme parks for those who have the Park Hopper option.
- Beginning at 7:00 AM on the day of your visit, you’ll have the opportunity to secure your first arrival time.
- Plus, you’ll also enjoy these additional features:
- Disney PhotoPass Lenses – Access special Disney PhotoPass Lenses for your mobile device, allowing you to explore magical new augmented reality effects.
- Audio Tales – Discover the parks in cool new ways through fascinating fun facts and behind-the-scenes insights you can listen to during your visit. We hear there is a fun photo option by Cinderella castle!
- * BONUS FEATURE* With this launch, Disney will also be introducing Lightning BONUS attractions the can be purchased individually, “a la carte” at some of the most highly demanded attractions – the Lightning Lane entrance can save guests time waiting in line through the Genie+ and bonus attraction features.
How do we purchase Disney Genie +? – Your PPV Inc. agent has you covered!
- You can purchase as an add-on to a theme park ticket by modifying your existing ticket prior to arrival. Your PPV Inc. agent can modify your vacation package for you.
- You can add this service to new ticket orders that will include Disney Genie+ before your visit.
- You’ll be able to purchase Disney Genie+ service on the day of your visit – although we strongly recommend this be set up in advance of travel if possible.
Now that you’ve decided on Disney Genie +, it’s time to learn about LIGHTNING LANE
There are 2 ways to select times to arrive at Lightning Lane entrances, purchase Disney Genie+ service or purchase entrance to an individual experience. Each option offers a different set of experiences to choose from.
Option #1: Through Disney Genie+ Service
This new service lets you select the next available arrival window for the Lightning Lane entrances, one at a time, throughout regular park hours. More than 40 attractions and entertainment experiences across the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks are included in the service.
Option #2: By Making an Individual Lightning Lane Entrance Purchase
Lightning Lane entry as an “á la carte” purchase will be offered at a few of our most popular attractions. This option can be purchased by all Guests—with or without the purchase of Disney Genie+ service—and lets you choose a time to arrive at the Lightning Lane entry at up to 2 attractions each day (purchased one at a time).
You can make your first purchase starting at 7:00 AM on the day of your visit if you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort.
NOTE: All other Guests can make their first purchase at the regular time the park opens.
Pricing and availability for these individual lightning lane attractions will vary by date, attraction, and park. Be sure to check the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit for current prices and attraction availability.
Still have questions? Check out our most frequently asked questions below!