06 Sep Your Guide to Galaxy’s Edge
Come live your very own Star Wars™ story in a whole new land where a galaxy far, far away unfolds all around you. Welcome to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, now open at Walt Disney World® Resort.
What to Know Before You Go
• From September 1-November 2, EXTRA Extra Magic Hours are being offered from 6am- 9am for guests staying on Disney property. Getting up bright and early to take advantage of this is HIGHLY recommended. Head there early, and take an afternoon rest.
- There are TWO ride attractions in Galaxy’s Edge: Smuggler’s Run (open now) and Rise of the Resistance (opening Dec. 5). FastPasses are not being offered at this time.
- It is quite possible that the land will reach capacity most days, especially during the first months. If this happens, you will be able to enter a VIRTUAL QUEUE. Simply open your app to the home screen and tap find out more on the status and access. If it says open head on in. If it is at capacity, you will tap join boarding group. You are now in a virtual queue and will receive a push notification when it is your time to return. You will have 2 hours to enter the land once you receive notification. This gains you entry to the land, this not a FastPass or reservation for any of the attractions. **IMPORTANT**Keep in mind that if you are visitingStar Wars: Galaxy’s Edge with a reservation to Oga’s Cantina, Savi’s or Dorid Depot, you will not need to join a boarding group. You will be allowed access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edgebeginning one hour before your scheduled reservation.
What experiences can you make a reservation for?
Savi’s Workshop-Handbuilt Lightsabers are $199.99 plus tax with payment due upon arrival. You accessorize for an additional cost. Recommended age is 5 and up. Reserve up to 180 days in advance. Same day cancellations are charged $199.
Droid Depot-Build your own droid at Black Spires Outpost starting at $99.99 plus tax. Recommended age is 3 and up. Reserve up to 180 days in advance. Walk-ups are accepted but there will likely be a wait.
Oga’s Cantina-Enjoy many unique drinks and snacks in this lounge type atmosphere during breakfast, lunch and dinner. This location is mainly standing room with limited seating. Under 21 is allowed, but valid ID is required for alcohol consumption. Guests are limited to 2 drinks per person and 45 minutes per party. Dining Plans NOT Accepted.
As you roam the land, you will find many treasures from the planet Batuu in the market at Black Spire Outpost. The land is also home of a quick-service location called Docking Bay 7. Make a stop by the Milk Stand for a taste of the Blue and Green Milk and hit Kat Saka’s Kettle to try the sweet and spicy Outpost Popcorn Mix.
Fun Facts from Batuu
- There are TWO main sections in Black Spire Outpost. The south end is where you will find the Resistance and A-wing and X-wing fighter ships. The north end is the controlled by Red Fury the 709th battalion of the First Order. Look for TIE Echelon fighter guarded by stormtroopers.
- In Star Wars timeline you are in-between the events of Episode VIII: The Last Jedi and Episode IX: Rise of Skywalker.
- When you enter, you become a citizen of Batuu and are treated as such. Have fun with it! Make conversation with the other citizens living there (cast members) as you are on their planet!
- Because this is truly the planet of Batuu, you will not find any merchandise that says Galaxy’s Edge. That can all be found in the various gift shops in the Hollywood Blvd. area.
- There will be many characters roaming the land, but these will not be meet and greets. You can meet your favorite Star Wars characters at Star Wars Launch Bay in Animation Courtyard.