MagicBands have been an important part of WALT DISNEY WORLD vacations for several years now. The MagicBand+ can do everything a MagicBand can do and more – from entering theme parks with a tap* and connecting your Disney PhotoPass memories, to unlocking your Disney Resort hotel room and more.
But the newest wearable also has great new features, including color-changing lights, haptic vibrations, and gesture recognition – plus it pairs to your smartphone using the My Disney Experience app. Once you get your hands on one, you’ll want to do it all – and there’s a lot you can do when MagicBand+ launches!
Before you head out on these exciting new experiences, you’ll want to pick out the perfect MagicBand+ from an incredible lineup of more than 25 designs. We are expecting to see more designs released in the coming months as well.
Some of the extra MAGICAL features of these bands include:
- Disney Fab 50 Quest: As part of the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration, you can interact with the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection throughout all four theme parks with the “Disney Fab 50 Quest.” Help Tinker Bell bring the sculptures to life across all four Walt Disney World theme parks using virtual pixie dust from Tink.
- Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters: On Batuu, the bounty hunting business is booming. MagicBand+ is your guide to seeking numerous virtual bounties hidden across Black Spire Outpost with the Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters experience. Vibrations and lights on MagicBand+ guide you down the right path. When you find your Bounty, you can use the Play Disney Parks app’s augmented reality thermal viewer to reveal who’s hiding in the shadows.** Local guild master Raga Bua will reward you with galactic credits. Do you have what it takes to join the guild?
- Nighttime Spectaculars: MagicBand+ brings the magic of Disney nighttime spectaculars closer than ever before during “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom Park and “Harmonious” at EPCOT! MagicBand+ complements the magic in the skies, lighting up and vibrating in sync with fireworks, visual effects, and music. Your MagicBand+ will also engage as all four theme park icons transform into Beacons of Magic!
HOW CAN YOU GET YOUR HANDS ON THESE??
If you’re planning to get one or even collect some, don’t forget that Disney Resort hotel guests may purchase MagicBand+ online at special prices before their arrival. Annual Passholder discounts will also be available on MagicBand+ (visit disneyworld.com/pass for more information). All guests can buy MagicBand+ at select stores across Walt Disney World and online at shopDisney, starting at $34.99.
At Walt Disney World, you can purchase a MagicBand+ at the following locations:
- Magic Kingdom Park: Emporium
- EPCOT: Pin Traders – Camera Center
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Celebrity 5 & 10 and Tatooine Traders
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Discovery Trading Company
- Disney Springs: Disney’s Pin Traders
- Select merchandise locations at Disney Resort hotels
We are excited to share that though features and experiences across Disney Parks will vary, Disneyland Resort guests will be able to get in on the MagicBand+ fun later this year. Stay tuned for more updates on the exciting future for MagicBand+ at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts!
Looking to book your next stay at the Walt Disney World resort? Let the team at Practically Perfect Vacations help!! Request Your Quote Today!